Sweetest Day from
[ Home Page ]
to Information Index ]
[ Want a Catalog, Sample or Brochure?
Click here! ]
- Sweetest Day ...
- Is always the third
Saturday in October.
- This holiday is much more important in some regions than in others
(Detroit, Cleveland and Buffalo being the biggest Sweetest Day cities).
It is a holiday that is gaining in popularity every year throughout the
- How It Started
- Over 60 years ago, a Cleveland man, believing that the city's orphans
and shut-ins too often felt forgotten and neglected, conceived the idea
of showing them that they were remembered. He did this through the distribution
of small gifts. With the help of his friends and neighbors, he distributed
these small remembrances on a Saturday in October. During the years that
followed, other Clevelanders began to participate in the celebration ceremony,
which came to be called "Sweetest Day". In time, the Sweetest
Day idea of spreading cheer to the underprivileged was broadened to include
everyone, and became an occasion for remembering others with a kind act
or a small remembrance. And soon the idea spread to other cities all over
- What It Is
- Sweetest Day is celebrated on the third Saturday in October as a day
to make someone happy. It is an occasion which offers all of us an opportunity
to remember not only the sick, aged, and orphaned, but also friends, relatives
and associates whose helpfulness and kindness we have enjoyed.
- Sweetest Day is not based on any single group's religious sentiment
or on a family relationship. It is a reminder that a thoughtful word or
deed enriches life and gives it meaning.
- Because for many people remembering takes the form of gift-giving,
Sweetest Day offers us the opportunity to show others that we care, in
a tangible way.
- [This information was adapted from material provided by the Retail
- Call for more information:
(210) 824-2462 or e-mail us!